Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

grayscg
Helper I
Helper I

Keeping a measures filter in drillthrough

Hello, in my research I have found a couple instances of this question being asked, but in those threads there never seems to be a clear solution given. And since those threads are many years old, I thought I would try another. 

Basically I want to find a way to keep a measures internal filter context when I drill trough. In a funnel visual, I currently have 4 different measures populating the visual. They all look something like this:

M1 = Calculate(Count('Table'[MemberID]), 'Table'[ShiftNumber] = 1)

M2 = Calculate(Count('Table'[MemberID]), 'Table'[ShiftNumber] = 2)

And so on. I want to be able to drill through on these, and keep the ShiftNumber filter as well as the other filters applied on the page, since this visual is just one part of a dashboard. But PowerBi does not keep these internal filters in the measure by default when drilling through to another page. 

Anyone done something like this before? 

3 REPLIES 3
grayscg
Helper I
Helper I

Any more help? Still not understanding this. Was thinking there was a way to keep the filters of the calculate function in the measure for drillthrough

grayscg
Helper I
Helper I

Are you saying place these cards on the drill through page? Right now the initial page includes a chart that is populated with the different measures, and the drillthrough page includes a detail table. 

Aburar_123
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @grayscg ,

Please make it as a Visual level filter. For example,

create a measure like M = Count('Table'[MemberID])

and place this measure to two different card visuals and make the first card with visual filter as 'Table'[ShiftNumber] = 1 and the second card with visual filter as 'Table'[ShiftNumber] = 2.

Please mark it as a solution if it solves your issue. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.