Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ss89
Helper II
Helper II

Keep the cells in the same order

Hello Community,

How can I have the same order in Power BI report maintained with respect to the excel file where the report is linked?

Many thanks for your support!

ss89_1-1679655512023.png

ss89_0-1679655395518.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Recommend adding an index column to your Excel DataSource so it will retain the order you are requiring it to do so, then when you import into BI you can sort via the index. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Recommend adding an index column to your Excel DataSource so it will retain the order you are requiring it to do so, then when you import into BI you can sort via the index. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.