Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

criecher
Frequent Visitor

Keep measure static

I have a measure, 2017 Monthly % Share (2017 Monthly % share = DIVIDE('Contracts'[2017 Contracts], CALCULATE('Contracts'[2017 Contracts], ALLEXCEPT('Contracts', 'Contracts'[Date])), 0))

Capture.PNG

This works great when looking at the entire nation's information.  If I select one of our regions, in a slicer, the values change. 

Capture2.PNG

I understand why it's changing, but formulas put against this measure then change as well, creating discrepancies.  Is there anything I can do to keep them as they were prior to the slicer being selected.  I need the original values to perform another calculation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @criecher

Could you try making this a calculated column instead of a measure? This would only be calculated when the report is refreshed instead of each time a slicer is selected.

Hope this helps,

Parker

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @criecher

Could you try making this a calculated column instead of a measure? This would only be calculated when the report is refreshed instead of each time a slicer is selected.

Hope this helps,

Parker

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.