Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michieldo
Helper III
Helper III

Keep applied filters on page navigation action

Hi,

I have a page where I show all data for a specific company (filter on account table). For that company I want to show contract information that is presented in a different tab called contracts. In order to switch from the company tab to the contract tab I've included a button on the page that navigates to the contracts tab. However, I would to keep the filters that are applied (so let's say the selected company) whenever I click on the page navigation button so that on the contract tab only the contract information is shown of that specific customer. How do I do that?

P.s. Drill-through is not the preferred option here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BiNavPete
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Michieldo 

The Sync Slicers pane will help you achieve what you're looking for.

Go to your Company tab, then click View | Sync Slicers.
Click on the Company Slicer and tick it on for the contracts page ( left hand tick boxes) in the sync slicers pane. If you want to see the slicer on the contracts page then tick the right hand box too.

Pete

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Michieldo
Helper III
Helper III

@BiNavPete , maybe you can also help me with a bit more complex situation on this same topic. What if we have both a synced slicer AND a drilldown measure on the page.

So it should work in the following way:
- If we drill through to this page from a different page; the filter should adjust based on the filter that were applied on the different page

So it should be synced but also sort of reset once you drill through so that filter applied from drilltrough and the ones selected are not in conflict.

Do you have a suggestion for this?

Hi @Michieldo 

not quite sure I understand the question here. But just checked on of my PBIX's.
I don't sync slicers to the drill through page, because the drill through page will take whatever filters you've applied in the source page. MIght be that the drill through page needs more filters applied for it to work

Pete

Thank you for the quick reply @BiNavPete. I understand that my question is not very clear. Let me try with an example:
On the drill through page I have a slicer called company name with several statistics for the company selected. On the source page I have one of those statistics per company but you can drill down on the company to see all the statistics. I would like for the slicer on the drillthrough page to adjust based on the company I drill through from the source page. Currently all the measures on the drillthrough page move along with the drillthrough company from the source page, but the slicers doesn't.

Sorry for not responding promptly. Been busy on other stuff.

Without a sample PBIX this is difficult for me to visualise

BiNavPete
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Michieldo 

The Sync Slicers pane will help you achieve what you're looking for.

Go to your Company tab, then click View | Sync Slicers.
Click on the Company Slicer and tick it on for the contracts page ( left hand tick boxes) in the sync slicers pane. If you want to see the slicer on the contracts page then tick the right hand box too.

Pete

Thanks you @BiNavPete , actually never seen this functioanlity but works like a charm!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.