Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danishs

JIRA data drill down (Epic-->Story-->Task-->Sub Task

Hi Friends,

Softwares:

- JIRA On Premises

- Power BI Desktop

Issue:

I wanted a drill down Gantt chart where user will see all Epic and their status, Sprints, Dates etc. When user drill down to Epic, it should display all Stories under that Epic and its Status, Sprints, Dates etc. Similarly, if user drill down in Story, it should display all Task etc.

Currently I didn't find this trelation parent child relation between Epic, Story and Task (Except Task and Sub Task). 

Solutions:

- Should I import JIRA data into SQL Server and update Parent IDs column of Story with respective Epic ID and Parent ID column of Task with Story ID and then define hierarchy. Just to achieve, I need to write an ETL code and use a Database.

- Or Is there any other way. Please advice.

Thanks,

Danish

2 REPLIES 2
Vidyabhingamire

Hi Lydia,

Could you please help with the same prodblem. I would like to create hirechial relationship between Epic and rest of the elements.

If I click on Epic  then it should give me all the task,stories and sutasks under that Epic.

Thanks,

Vidya

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@danishs

Based on my test, drill down feature is not available for Task in Gantt chart, we are only able to drag one field to the Task section of the chart.

However, if you still have questions about creating hierarchy for your fields in Power BI Desktop, please share sample data of your table and post expected result here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.