Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sammy_Noah
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Tile Slicer

I am using a tiled slicer due to it being more convenient for those using the reports I generate for them. In my desktop view, I can see it work as intended. An example below.

Sammy_Noah_0-1712593365316.png

I can see the two options simultaenously with zero issues. In spite of this, on the report view I can only see one of the tiles/buttons at the same time. Example shown below.

Sammy_Noah_1-1712593466313.png

I have tried expanding it sideways to see if that's the issue, but to no avail. I do not want to expand it vertically and I would prefer to not lose the looks and function of the tiles.

Any and all help is welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sammy_Noah
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

So I literally just deleted that slicer (again) and redid it. Clicked filters on/off and somehow it's working as intended.

I have zero idea why it wasn't working as intended at the beginning and why redoing the slicer a second time fixed it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sammy_Noah
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

So I literally just deleted that slicer (again) and redid it. Clicked filters on/off and somehow it's working as intended.

I have zero idea why it wasn't working as intended at the beginning and why redoing the slicer a second time fixed it.

Hi @Sammy_Noah ,

As I said above, sometimes this happens, but I believe it's an isolated case, so I'm happy that you've solved the problem now!

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello - is your second screenshot in service or in desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

The second screenshot is in service. The first one is in Desktop.

Can you send a screenshot of the entire screen in service?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I cannot as it contains sensitive data.

v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sammy_Noah ,

Firstly I think you need to ensure that no slicers are hidden of overlapping in the selection pane. Also you can use the “Edit Interactions” feature to specify how slicers affect other tiles or visuals in your report.

vyilongmsft_0-1712627622408.png

If you use IF or ISFILTERED DAX measures, consider warpping your measure with an statement to control the display based on slicer selections. You may look at this topic: Solved: Slicer Behavior on Tiles - Microsoft Fabric Community

If all of these do not help, I think you can try again and it may be normal.

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have no slicers overlapping each other anywhere. I am also not using any DAX measures for that one slicer. The information in the slicer in the image is simply extracted from a database.

I'm not entirely sure how the Edit interactions function was supposed to help. I tried it out, but can't really edit anything for that one slicer.

That one slicer still appears just how I showed in my original post. Even tried deleting it and recreating it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.