Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

desmon316
Frequent Visitor

Issues with Maps

Hi,

I have a geographical dataset for United Kingdom. There are 4 columns i.e. Postcode,County, Country, Region. 

If the screenshots are reviewed. it can be seen that the county Bedfordshire is wrongly displayed as a part of counties in Kent, Essex, Oxfordshire. I reviewed the postcodes to verify whether the postcodes are associated to the correct County in the data set and could  not fault it.

There is no duplication of postcodes. The postcodes are shortened. example: the long post code KT22 7DL is shortened to KT22.

Wrong Location:

desmon316_0-1700060578738.png

desmon316_1-1700060608618.png

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you categorized all your geo columns?

lbendlin_0-1700334330970.png

Hi,

I did reconfirm to test this out and I can confirm that I have geo-marked all columns. I even tried changing the marking from County to State/Province and this change was not correct, so I reverted back to Counties. I am still seeing Bedfordshire in multiple wrong locations. In my initial email I highlighted two wrong locations, but there are atleast 5 wrong markings for Bedfordshire.

Regards

Desmond

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.