Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amikm
Helper V
Helper V

Issue with SUMMARIZECOLUMNS

I am trying to create a calculated table using UMMARIZECOLUMNS  DAX that can give me the ShopID, ShopName, R6MonthCount, PrevR6MonthCount

DAX code:

calculated_table =
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
Sales[shopno],
Sales[shopname],
"R6MonthCount", CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( Sales[Product] ), Sales[Product] > 0 ),
"PrevR6MonthCount", CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( Sales[Product] ), Sales[PMR6Sales] > 0 ),
"R12Sales", SUM ( Sales[R12Sales] )
)

Here, R6Sales means Sum of Sales till last 6 months from current month

PMR6Sales means Sum of Sales till last 6 months from current month-1

R12Sales means Sum of Sales till last 12 months  from current month

My DAX is working fine If Col3, col4, col5 are grater than 0 but I am getting issues when R6Sales, PMR6Sales and R12Sales are $0 then in that case, it is eliminating the shopno from the visual. I want to display those sites as well even if it is Sales $0 or R6MonthCount=0 or PrevR6MonthCount=0

Expected output (8 records)

amikm_0-1661667436641.png

Current output: ( 6 records)

amikm_1-1661667478162.png

@ records got elimited as Column C, Column D and Column E are 0 for  Shopno 1 and Shopno 5,( Issue might be the above DAX)

For Shopno 1 and Shopno 5, I have checked in the DB, R6Sales, PMR6Sales, and R12Sales are $0 

How to fix the DAX?

4 REPLIES 4
amikm
Helper V
Helper V

@TomMartens 

ADDMISSINGITEM  is not working as expected as the column is an aggregate column that we are creating inside SUMMARIZECOLUMNS.I am getting errors while doing it, I thought If we can handle using IF or ISBLANK statement but the problem is it is sliminiating completely If it encouters $0 for those aggregated field

Hey @amikm ,

please take the time and create a pbix file containing sample data, but still reflects your data model (tables, relationships, calculated columns, and measures). Upload the pbix file to onedrove or dropbox and share the link. If you are using Excel to create the sample data instead of the manual input method, share the xlsx as well.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks for efforts, I am able to see the data now , I have used IGNORE() to check If I am getting records or not and It worked

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @amikm ,

here you will find a description of how to use ADDMISSINGITEM in combination with SUMMARIZECOLUMNS: SUMMARIZECOLUMNS – DAX Guide

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.