Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yuching_chang
Helper II
Helper II

Is there any way to embed URL on a row of a Matrix?

Hi there,

I've reviewed many related posts in the community, but haven't found the solution yet...so ask here

I have below Matrix with hierarchy: Group-ID-Location-Vendor, each of the tier has own 1 table for 3 indicators, and I wrote Dax to dynamically display the indicator values based on user drill to which tier.

The issue I face is, for ID tier I need to embed URL, but I don't find a way to make ID clickable with URL embedded, so I can only add 1 more row for URL as "Pop-up Link". The drawback is when user drill up from vendor or location to ID, they need to drill up 1 more tier without any indicator value changes...which is not user-friendly...wondering if any better way suggested...?

Also, if my understanding is right, currently we can't change the color for URL icon right...? Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Picture1.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak 

thanks for the reply. I also checked the article, and I think it only applies to Table and Matrix-Value...not for my case to Matrix-Row...As in my case, ID is put into row, and I have indicators put into Value and changing by IDs. So to put URL by ID, currently I can only add 1 more row since Matrix conditional formatting is only for Value as I know...

Hope there are more suggestions, thanks!

Hi ,  @yuching_chang 

If you have a column or measure that contains website URLs, you can use conditional formatting to apply those URLs to fields as active links. However ,conditional formatting applies only to the values of Table or Matrix visuals, and doesn't apply to any subtotals, grand totals, or the Total row.

I am afraid that it is difficult for you to achieve the desired results you want in powerbi  currently .

It is recommended to raise it to the support team for better advice or create /vote for a related idea  here .

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.