Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JuliaYebra
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible to highlight some dates on a visual?

I need to show the evolution of the sales and to highlight some important dates to see how they behave around them.

Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Again, technically yes, it does exist. It is the conditional formatting feature, but it only exists for Tables.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-update-feature-summary/

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

You can make use of a Calculated Measure(flag) to identify the event or dates like below.

Color = IF ( Max(Calender[Date]) = MAX(Events[Event]),1,0)

I am checking if my calendar day on axis is equal to my event date, if yes then 1 else 0.

I used this calculated measure in color saturation field, and I was able to format the bar in the chart dynamically using calculated measure.You can change the color saturation to highlight the bar in the different color.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not exactly certain of what you are trying to accomplish but I'll throw out some ideas. You can format tables based upon threshold values. You could also filter a visualization down to only certain dates based on some threshold value. If there is no threshold value, you could create another table and put the important dates in that table and do your filtering that way. Can you provide any additional information on what you are trying to accomplish?

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler I'm trying something like I did in the following image.

I have a datasource with the revenue, profit, etc... and I would like to dynamically highlight in the same visual some dates in that period as you change the selected period. All the dates I want to highlight are already defined in other datasource.

Is it possible?

DateToHighlight.png

Ah, so technically "yes". What you would do is go to the format area of the bar chart (the paintbrush icon). You would expand "Data colors". You would then move the slider to "Show all" to "On". Then you go find your dates and change their colors.

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler Yes, I could do that but I'm trying to do it automatically as month changes and as new months are added.

Is it possible? I think this highlight functionality is not available.

Again, technically yes, it does exist. It is the conditional formatting feature, but it only exists for Tables.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-update-feature-summary/

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.