Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

angeleyes_7181
Regular Visitor

Invoking Function from SQL Stored Procedure

Hi I am struggling with a query where I am passing some10 parameters in to a SQL Stored Procedure and trying to invoke the function to bring back result set. I created parameters and binded them to individual fields on Desktop from which the passed through into SQL Stored Procedure. 

Whenever I try and invoke the result set is being created as a new table but I want only one query to get me the result set from stored procedure. Also I need help with figuring out how to get a button to execute the invoke function with the selections made on Desktop slicers.

Appreciate your help and thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak  Thanks for your reply. I have already done what you suggested in the link. Everything works fine till that point where I invoke the query and get a result set.

The next part I have done is to bind these parameters with individual fields so that the input is taken from these fields. I also have a parameter where its free text - basically the parameter should take input from a text box and pass it through stored procedure. Also when users make changes to selections then these should pass through sql sp and get me the result set. This is where I am stuck. Hope that's clear

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.