Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michaeljc70
Advocate II
Advocate II

Interactions with different visualizations and placement

I am new to Power BI and not sure I understand how this all works. I am able to do intereactive visualizations on the same page of a report.  What I would like to do is a report or dashboard that shows a treemap of departments and revenue.  When you click a department, it takes you to another screen that shows the breakdown in a table.   Obviously there would have to be a button to return back to the chart.  Is this type of interaction possible?  There really isn't enough room to do this on one screen. 

2 REPLIES 2

@michaeljc70 My assumption is that you already know the mechanisms of a tile to report page functionality(drill from dashboard tile to a report visual) - but this method doesn't allow you to "drill into" a particular report element (which is what I believe you are asking).

I accomplish what you are asking by building a visual that will contain my "department/revenue" and next to it a detail table. If there is a hierarchy, you can drill down to the level you want in the "d/r" visual and filter the details table that way. If screen real estate is an issue, you could extend the bottom of the page by formatting the page size to custom and setting it to whatever you choose so that your visuals fit.

There are several different requests for additional drill to features, I'd add your idea of vote for a current one that fits your scenerio here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not sure you can really do this in Desktop only. My thought is that you would use the Service and then you could pin the treemap to the Dashboard and then when you click on it, it could take you to the detailed report.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.