Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

juliannek
Regular Visitor

Interacting with chart takes user to a table with random fields?

Over the past few months, I've frequently experienced a strange error in Power BI. Sometimes when I make a new visual in Desktop and click on an element, instead of it filtering other visuals on the page, it takes me to another page that is populated with just a table that includes 20+ random fields from my data table. 

There is no type of visualization listed on the right sidebar, it just has the list of fields in the table. On the top left of the page, it just says "Back to report" with the back arrow. 

I can't figure out why this happens about 50% of the time that I make a new visual, or how to turn it off. I've done some research into drillthrough functionality and it appears to not be a drillthrough, because I don't right click on the bar to navigate to this table, it just takes me there automatically upon clicking anything. The only thing I can do is remake the visual over and over again until it interacts like normal and doesn't generate the table. 

Has anyone experienced this before? I have the July 2023 update installed. 

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Try to select the visual you're working with. From there, you go to "Data & Details." You'll see the second option, which is called "Data Point Table." Disable that option and it should allow you to interact with the chart without it taking you to the table.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@juliannek , I doubt we have seen something like that

Disable on-object interactions under preview features and try

Use the Latest version and try. Also, make sure no Windows pending patch

If these do resolve the issue, log an issue

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.