Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Jack2710
Regular Visitor

Incremental Refresh in Power BI Desktop is not happening as requested

Hi Everyone,

I have recently created incremental refresh to one of the tables, after implementation it didn't refresh next day, I waited and checked for two days but didn't happen and I manually refresh the table.
Can you help me on this what I am missing.
And if we create incremental refresh in Power BI desktop and publishes in Power BI Services. In Services will it not refresh after a day. 
It would be very helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jack2710 ,

The incremental refresh is used to refresh only a part of the data instead of doing everything single time a full refresh.

Incremental refresh is not a Schedulling refresh of your data.

A couple of thing you need to know about refreshs in Power BI:

So in you case when you setup the incremental you are only setting up the number of days that are going to be refreshed the previous values will be historical values that won't be refresh because they are already saved on your model, minimizing the amount of time used on the refresh.

What you need to do when you publish to the service is to configure the schedule refresh and then the incremental will work properly. You can check if everything is working well on the settings and then Refresh History.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jack2710 ,

The incremental refresh is used to refresh only a part of the data instead of doing everything single time a full refresh.

Incremental refresh is not a Schedulling refresh of your data.

A couple of thing you need to know about refreshs in Power BI:

So in you case when you setup the incremental you are only setting up the number of days that are going to be refreshed the previous values will be historical values that won't be refresh because they are already saved on your model, minimizing the amount of time used on the refresh.

What you need to do when you publish to the service is to configure the schedule refresh and then the incremental will work properly. You can check if everything is working well on the settings and then Refresh History.

Regards

Miguel Félix

"Data Source Credentials" area is grayed out since yesterday to schedule refresh

@Jack2710 ,

What is the datasource type you have?

Regards

Miguel Félix

vsts

Are you using the same login credentials for the VSTS than for Power BI is it a single sign on system?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Now it is resolved, don't know why "Data Source Credentials" area was grayed out but today is it working fine.
Thank you

Glad to hear.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors