Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhayward2209
Helper I
Helper I

Incorrect Measure Total with Measure referencing multiple tables

I'm having the common porblem of not having the total on a table visualistion be a sum of the rows above it. I've looked into solutions for it but I can't seem to find a way to apply them to my more complex measure.

My Measure is as follows:

Not Submitted/Re-Submitted =
IF([Adjusted Billsupp Hours] = 0,0,
(IF(SUM(Payroll[Payroll Hours]) - [BILLED - TWIS] - SUM('NR Hours'[WORKHOURS]) - SUM('Submitted Not Approved'[Total Hrs]) <=0,0,
(SUM(Payroll[Payroll Hours]) - [BILLED - TWIS] - SUM('NR Hours'[WORKHOURS]) - SUM('Submitted Not Approved'[Total Hrs])))))

Capture2.PNGThe value I'm after is 7599.75 not 7546.00

Please let me know if you need more information.

All of the hours are brought in from various tables and are pulled in via a relationship with either the personnel number, Twis Code or Employee name.

Been stuck on this for ages so please let me know if you have any ideas!

8 REPLIES 8
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rhayward2209 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description,Have you tried to use the summarize formula, but still can't get the desired result? If yes, please check the results of the measure in the visual to see if there are any errors in data other than total.

I think it might be other issues such as relationship, time inconsistency, etc.Could you please share some sample data on onedrive for business and your desired result?So we can help you soon.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

I would love to share some sample data however the data is sourced from 6-7 different data sets and uses measures so the complexity of providing you that data is quite high.

I agree that the issue probably stems from some kind of relationship issue, or the measure its self as the summarise measure still doesnt give the correct respons.

Please let me know what you think.

Hi, @rhayward2209 

You can try to make a sample with fake data, which only contains a few rows of data.

I’m sorry if you don’t provide more relevant information, it’s hard to help you.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

rhayward2209
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak 

I also watched the youtube video that you linked but I am struggling to figure out how to apply it to a measure that is more complex than the example.

rhayward2209
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak 

Thanks for the reply,

It still doesnt give the right answer. Could it be because the DATE value is not in the same table as the Employee details?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rhayward2209 , my bad , Try like

Not Submitted/Re-Submitted = sumx(summarize( Table, Table[Date], Table[Personned Number], Table[TWIS Code], Table[Name] , "_1" ,
(IF(SUM(Payroll[Payroll Hours]) - [BILLED - TWIS] - SUM('NR Hours'[WORKHOURS]) - SUM('Submitted Not Approved'[Total Hrs]) <=0,0,
(SUM(Payroll[Payroll Hours]) - [BILLED - TWIS] - SUM('NR Hours'[WORKHOURS]) - SUM('Submitted Not Approved'[Total Hrs])))))) ,[_1])

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rhayward2209 , Try like

sumx(summarize( Table, Table[Date], Table[Personned Number], Table[TWIS Code], Table[Name] , "_1" ,Not Submitted/Re-Submitted =
(SUM(Payroll[Payroll Hours]) - [BILLED - TWIS] - SUM('NR Hours'[WORKHOURS]) - SUM('Submitted Not Approved'[Total Hrs])))))) ,[_1])

Also refer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHOOLdi_jk

@amitchandak 

Thanks for the reply, Im a bit confused due to the lack of an equals sign before SUMX. When i Put in your code it gives me an error saying that SUMX cant work with types boolean. So I may be doing something wrong. Also The dates are pulled from a date table, not the same table as the Name, TWIS code, etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.