Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing data with Sharepoint

Hi everyone,
I have a question about importing data with Sharepoint.
I have a Sharepoint similar to this:

Screen 1.PNGScreen 2.PNGScreen 3.PNG

Each "Team" folder is organized in the same way as the third screenshot.

I want to be able to automatically import into PBI only the Excel files present in each "Team" folder of the "File" folder.

These Excel files are updated regularly and are based on a single template, so I would like an update of the import of its files.

Do I have to go through the writing of a request?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your files have the same type, you can use the SharePoint Folder connector and use the "Combine & Transform" button to save them in one folder.

If you're keeping different types of files in different folders, then you will need a set of helper queries for each different folder, as the transformations that will need to be performed on the files in each folder will be different.

For automatically update, you can publish them to power bi service and set scheduled refresh for it. You can set the refresh frequency in power bi service.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1669881111146.png

You can reference the following links which may be helpful to you.

Solved: Sharepoint Data Import - Multiple File Processing - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power Query SharePoint folder connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Refresh a dataset from OneDrive or SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your files have the same type, you can use the SharePoint Folder connector and use the "Combine & Transform" button to save them in one folder.

If you're keeping different types of files in different folders, then you will need a set of helper queries for each different folder, as the transformations that will need to be performed on the files in each folder will be different.

For automatically update, you can publish them to power bi service and set scheduled refresh for it. You can set the refresh frequency in power bi service.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1669881111146.png

You can reference the following links which may be helpful to you.

Solved: Sharepoint Data Import - Multiple File Processing - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power Query SharePoint folder connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Refresh a dataset from OneDrive or SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.