Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

radhikabedi
Frequent Visitor

Importing Excel to an existing Power BI Dashboard

I have created a Power BI Dashboard by using various tables via "Get Data".

I am now trying to import an excel workbook that has a power pivot table to the exisitng Power BI Dashboard -  File > Import > Excel Workbook Contents.

By doing this the previous dashboards I have created wipe out. Is there something I can do to keep my existing dashboard and import the excel workbook?

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

why dont you just copy the m code from the advanced editor in Power Query in Excel and create a blank get data in Power BI and paste it there (assuming that is what you are wanting to do)

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I haven't created any queries in Excel. I am trying to use the KPI measure in Excel; and then pull it as a measure to Power BI

can you paste some screen shots here of what you trying to pull through?  Its hard to undersand what you are doing exactly.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I checked with the Microsoft folks and looks like I don't need to import another report. I can have 2 seperate reports and when I put them on the cloud I can pin the reports to show up on my dashboard. This solves my need for integrating the two reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.