Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kinga99
Helper II
Helper II

Import data that doesn't need refreshing

I have a couple of tables that do not ever need to be refreshed, they will never change. I chose option 'get data - excel' to get the tables and then I deselected the 'Included in Report Refresh' option so that they do not refresh. Then, since I had to work remotely I opened the file on a different computer. I DO NOT have to refresh this data, but I can't look at the tables in power Query because it says that it cannot connect to the data.

Is there a way to import a table permanently one time? 

Or is there a way to see the tables in power query and check my trasformation steps even though the model cannot connect to the file?

I have no visibility over what I changed in my tables.

Kinga99_0-1605902946238.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Please consider this solution and click 'accept solution and click the thumbs up to leave kudos

If the excel table is small then open the table in excel > select all > copy to clip board.

Then in Power BI desktop > Enter data > paste

This trick will only work for small tables that fit in clipbaord

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Kinga99 ,

You case, you opened the pbix using another computer, maybe you have no cache for this data...so it tries to pull the data again.

You can avoid the xlsx file copying the data and pasting it using the Home -> Enter Data button.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Please consider this solution and click 'accept solution and click the thumbs up to leave kudos

If the excel table is small then open the table in excel > select all > copy to clip board.

Then in Power BI desktop > Enter data > paste

This trick will only work for small tables that fit in clipbaord

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.