Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ioanik
Frequent Visitor

Import a sharepoint file's version history inside power bi as table

Hello Community,

I need to import a sharepoint (PBIX) file's version history inside power bi in the form of a table, and more specifically the M query for that if that's possible. The file resides on Sharepoint in the "Shared Documents" folder. I think it is straightforward but I can't find any documentation on this.

This would help me present the file's version from a power bi page view, since we are making frequent updates and adding features, and we don't want to get lost in case an issue occurs and revert to previous models.I would like to retrieve the columns version_number and modified_date.

Kind Regards
@ioanik 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ioanik 

I found this great blog https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-get-version-history-from-SharePoint/bc-p/2044...  It's about how to get version history of files stored in SharePoint. 

Additionally, this video may give you some ideas about version control with Power BI 

Source Control with Power BI - Can it be done? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ioanik 

I found this great blog https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-get-version-history-from-SharePoint/bc-p/2044...  It's about how to get version history of files stored in SharePoint. 

Additionally, this video may give you some ideas about version control with Power BI 

Source Control with Power BI - Can it be done? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Power BI Header Change

Power BI Header Update

Read about the exciting updates for the Power BI forum.