Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sartys
Frequent Visitor

Ignoring static filter when applying visual filters

Hi,

Is there any way to ignore "static" filters from filters pane when applying visual filters.

I have a report like this, where I show data for two years (blue - 2020, red - 2019)

2020-01-23 10_38_03-scorecard_financial_budget - Power BI Desktop (September 2019).png

The highlighted table has data for Fiscal Year 2020, filtered on Filters Pane. 

2020-01-23 12_06_41-scorecard_financial_budget - Power BI Desktop (September 2019).png

Now when I try to filter this page visually by selecting one of the cost centres in the table, PowerBI applies also Fiscal Year filter, resulting in Blanks in 2019 / red cards. Is there any way to ignore "static" filters when I use visual filters?

2020-01-24 08_48_26-scorecard_financial_budget - Power BI Desktop (September 2019).png

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sartys , 

It seems that you want to ignore page filter when you use visual filter, right? I think you could try  to remove Report / Page level filter from report filter pane.Then put those filter to Report page, select the value & chose edit interactions to deselect visuals where you don't want to apply the filters to see whether it work or not

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sartys
Frequent Visitor

Hi @dax .

No, I want to ignore visualization filter or more precisely to not transfer static visualization filter from one element to another, but keep dynamic/selection filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.