Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore date-table relationship inside a measure

Hi,

I have a matrix visual, in which date table is represented as Rows and measures in columns. "Receivables" is a measure that is extracted from a snapshot-table that contains data on the receivables and is run on a monthly basis. "Future payments" is a measure that calculates planned future payments of all receivables allocated to each month. 

I need to extract the cumulative future payments from the current receivables in each month to see how it is going to amortizized since June. One way to do it would be to create a measure of cumulative future payments and extract them from Receivables. 

How can I fix the value of "Receivables" displayed in June such that it appears the same in each month instead of only in June. Is there a way to ignore the date-table relationship?

Other ways to solve this problem are also welcomed. 

JCL_0-1655895369638.png

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can use all

CALCULATE(sum(Table[Receivables]),all('Date'))

or'

CALCULATE(firstnonblankvalue('Date'[Month]),sum(Table[Receivables]),all('Date'))

or you can use crossfilter

CALCULATE(sum(Table[Receivables]),crossfilter ('Date'[Date], Table[Date], none))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks, but I already have used ALL() and it does not work:

JCL_1-1655896208565.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify that I need to get the receivables run on June from snapshot data that contains the receivables run multiple times on different months.

I need to get the status of the receivables from June but to display them in every row in the visual despite the date. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.