Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Felyxorez

Icon Map Offset line symbology

Hello dear Power BI community,

I have a question about the Icon Map Visual. I am trying to visualize lines (paths) that have specific directions (Imagine a road that has two lanes) and are linked to different facts. The left lane is displayed green, as the linked values in the facts table are for example 0, the right lane is red... etc. In conclusion, the same line can have a different formatting depending on the value of the direction.

In QGIS, this is easily representable by using the same data of the Line (as linestring) and by offsetting the symbology to the left or to the right. Then both directions can be visualized next to each other without hampering on the Geodata of the line itself.

So my question is

- in the Visual Icon Map, is it possible to format a WKT-Line to be offset to a direction (probably through expression based formating)?

- if not, is there any other visual that could be used to format a linestring that way?

Thank you 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support
2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello Lucien

Thank you for you input!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.