Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

v-rouge
Regular Visitor

IF Measure resulting in Yes/No Calculated Column

Hello,

I am trying to create a measure with an IF filter resulting in a Yes/No column but keep coming up to problems. 

I have two columns where if the value in Column 1 is greater than the value in Column 2 it will result in a Yes answer so that I can include it in a Slicer visual.

So far the measure I have is:

Measure 1 = IF('Table),[Column1]>[Column 2])"Yes","No"

but that comes up with errors even with every type of punctuation variation. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@v-rouge 
To create a if measure, you need to add a aggregation function for the columns (sum, max or min).

Measure = IF(SUM('Table'[Column1])>SUM('Table'[Column2]),"YES","NO")

YesNO.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@v-rouge 
To create a if measure, you need to add a aggregation function for the columns (sum, max or min).

Measure = IF(SUM('Table'[Column1])>SUM('Table'[Column2]),"YES","NO")

YesNO.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this

Measure 1 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column1])>SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Column 2]),"Yes","No")

Many thanks for responding @VikramBasriyar

The measure is correct (in that there are no errors) but all results still come up as No even though I know that some should be Yes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors