Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsshugh

I want to find a way to display the progress of my project?

My Dashboard displays many projects, and when you drill down on a project it takes you to a drill down page with many KPIs being shown. I want a visualization that displays whether the project is on track to be finished by its stated deadline. Ideally leveraging the current date and the stated date for its "deadline." I was thinking of a visualization where the colour would gradually turn more "red" as we closed in on the deadline date.

Any suggestions of what the best visualization would be and how to do it? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jsshugh ,

You might consider using a table to display the gradient of colors

I created some data:

vyangliumsft_0-1647591691311.png

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create calculated column.

Count = COUNTX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Project]=EARLIER('Table'[Project])),[current date])

2. Create measure.

progress rate = RANKX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Project]=MAX('Table'[Project])&&'Table'[current date]<='Table'[stated date]),CALCULATE(MAX([current date])),,ASC)
level =
IF(
    MAX('Table'[current date])<MAX('Table'[stated date]),[progress rate] ,MAX('Table'[Count])+1)

3. Click [current date] – Conditional formatting – Background color.

vyangliumsft_1-1647591691312.png

4. Enter the Background color interface.

Format style – Gradient

What field should we base this on? – [level]

Color choice red

hahah.png

5. Result:

If [current date] < [stated date], there will be a gradient of red, but not true red.

When [current date] >=[stated date]. will be true red

vyangliumsft_3-1647591691316.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.