Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

inservo
Helper I
Helper I

I want my old formula bar back - why the hell is it so big

I have seen several posts now that are years old:

is it really true, that the expansion of the formula bar, e. g. when I add a new calculated column, covers the entire screen?

How in their right state of mind thinks that this is an UX improvement?

Is there any way to adjust back to let's say 5 or 10 lines expansion, if I click the downwards arrow?

2 REPLIES 2
Adamboer
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Yes, when you add a new calculated column or a measure, the formula bar in Power BI can expand to cover the entire screen, which can be frustrating for users. However, there is a way to adjust the number of lines that are visible when you expand the formula bar.

To do this, click on the downward arrow at the bottom of the formula bar, and select "Options" from the drop-down menu. In the options dialog box, you can adjust the number of lines that are visible in the formula bar when it is expanded.

Simply adjust the "Maximum Lines" setting to your desired number of lines, and click "OK". This will limit the expansion of the formula bar to the number of lines you have specified, making it easier to work with.

I do not have a downward arrow at the bottom of the formula bar. I have the arrow to expand / collapse and the whitespace, that's it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.