Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cparker4486
Helper III
Helper III

I don't live in Norway. I can't join your community group.

Stop spamming me.

7 REPLIES 7
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@cparker4486

You can go to Power BI User Group Norway, select Unsubscribe in Group Options as below. Then you’ll not receive mails from this group.

I don't live in Norway. I can't join your community group_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

I'm not a part of the group. I've received private automated messages asking me to join the community.

I got an invite too, and questioned it, given my locale.  Response was that they are a global group and offer good webinars etc.  More activity in the Norway group than my local one <grin>.

I get enough unsolicited email as it is. I can't accept the practice of being spammed through private messages on a forum too.

@cparker4486

Maybe you can try with following two options in your account settngs.

I don't live in Norway. I can't join your community group._1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

I think you're missing the point.

I swear, I get an invitation from this group about once a month. It's kind of annoying. Is everybody on the forum getting these repeat invitations?

@v-haibl-msft you can't unsubscribe from a group if you're not a member. Anyway I'm sure people would rather not turn off all their notifications just to stop seeing spam invitations from this one user. And if you only turn off email notifications that doesn't stop the invitations from showing up in your messages here, it just stops you from getting an email telling you that they've spammed you here again. I guess you could go to @HansKristiansen's profile page and hit the Ignore button. I don't know if that only blocks private messages or if it also blocks his forum posts.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.