Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mlozano
Helper II
Helper II

I can't see formula bar

Hello! I am trying to display the DAX formula of a measure that I have in my report, but selecting it does not enable the formula bar in power bi desktop, I use it as a TXT connector. 

Do you have any idea why that happens?

Error.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Julianaz
Helper II
Helper II

I had the same issue - after reviewing the comments below:  just save it and reopen it and it will be back. Like a bug. 

KaushikGuha
Frequent Visitor

This is super annoying as I can not view past formulas of measures already created. This is linked to March update

Although it didn't happen to me in March, my solution was to download a previous version and with that I was able to solve it.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mlozano 

You can switch to the Model view, select a measure in Fields pane and enter its formula in Description textbox. 

vjingzhang_1-1646102426718.png

Then you will see the formula when hovering over the measure in Fields pane. 

vjingzhang_0-1646102418160.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

This is a work-around, not a solution. In fact, a far cry from a solution. Once again, have to go to another community to find an actual solution. Frustrating.

Mate.  Same thing is happenning to me.  Did you ever get a fix for this?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hmm, second person to mention a tooltip that supposedly shows the measure formula. Not sure where the setting for that is.  Your display folder icon is also looking weird.  Are you using Calculation Groups maybe?

lbendlin_0-1646001153335.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.