Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Kent1341
Helper I
Helper I

I can't find "DirectQuery for PBI semantic models and AS" or other suggestions.

Hi,

I have a quick question I hope that someone can help me with. I am trying to connect to a semantic model from one tenant to another. I have received a mail that the shearing is ok, but when I click the link in this mail, I end up with a message that it has been removed or is no longer available.

At the owner's end:

I am looking for "DirectQuery for PBI semantic models and AS" in "Options & Settings/Option/Preview features". I understand now that this feature has been "officially released" and therefore it has been removed from the Preview features. 

But where is it now?

Is this no longer in use?

Is it called something else?

The reason that I ask these questions is that it is mentioned in an article from Microsoft ("Access shared semantic models in Power BI as a guest user from an external organization (preview) - consumer") and this article is dated 11/10/2023. This is very much later than when it was "officially released"...

I am not sure that this is why I don't have access to my semantic model on PBI desktop in "Datahub/External data", but this is where I am at the moment. So if you can suggest any other issue that would be perfect. 

Br Kent

1 REPLY 1
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kent1341 

You can refer to the following documentation to see if it meets your needs:

Manage DirectQuery connections to a published semantic model - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Solved: "DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS" preview, whe... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Access shared semantic models in Power BI as a guest user from an external organization (preview) - ...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.