Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

erbabu

How to: using one column (customer) for multiple date columns in a fact table

Hi

I have the below table.

Customer, DateSold, first-purchasedate-by-customer (calculated column based on DateSold)

I have associated DateSold and first-purchasedate-by-customer to DateDim table for getting YearMonth (yyyymm).

I am looking for a good way to create visualization of stacked bar / side-by-side bar:

yyyymm, distinct-count(Customer per yyyymm of DateSold), distinct-count(Customer per yyyymm of first-purchasedate-by-customer)

Any suggestions?

I am able to create a bar graph with yyyymm and either one column but not the stacked bar.

PS: new to DAX & PowerBI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
erbabu

Update:

I was able to achieve it by creating a new table with a copy of data from parent table (first-purchasedate-by-customer,Customer) and associating this table first-purchasedate-by-customer to DateDim table & created visualization.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
erbabu

Update:

I was able to achieve it by creating a new table with a copy of data from parent table (first-purchasedate-by-customer,Customer) and associating this table first-purchasedate-by-customer to DateDim table & created visualization.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.