Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DBIGGS
Regular Visitor

How to use secure photos as a slicer

Hi Power BI Community,

I am reaching out regarding an issue we've encountered while developing a Power BI dashboard for our organization.

Our team has been working on creating a set of images that are designed to identify different personas across our organization. These images have been stored within a SharePoint folder. Our objective is to utilize these images as slicers within the Power BI dashboard, allowing us to effectively filter data displayed in associated tables.

Despite our efforts, we have encountered challenges in getting the images to display correctly. After some investigation, we stumbled upon a discussion in a Power BI forum indicating that images must be located in a location with anonymous accessibility. This requirement has left us uncertain about the best approach to take. We want to maintain the privacy of these images while still being able to integrate them seamlessly into our dashboard.

If anyone here could provide guidance on where and how we can store these images securely, yet make them accessible for our Power BI dashboard, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DBIGGS , refer this from Guyincube,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowHdhy-Nio

I think you need to have access for users and it will display it on service

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBIGGS
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help Amit 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DBIGGS , refer this from Guyincube,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowHdhy-Nio

I think you need to have access for users and it will display it on service

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.