Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

sakuragihana
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to sum value from 2 table without relation ?

Hello everyone, I have 2 table below : 

Table 1 : 

sakuragihana_3-1677035530803.png

Table 2 : 

sakuragihana_5-1677036437399.png

I post a plib in that link :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i_KvhMvTM1HVo95eszcauvlLFLG2FRj2/view?usp=sharing 

How can I add the provinces in table 2 (Campus Code is Unspecified) respectively to table 1 (as same as Province Name) ? Can everyone help me a dax ?

Table 1 like : 

sakuragihana_4-1677036334700.png

9 REPLIES 9
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Simple enough, use TREATAS() to create virtual relationship on the fly if the perfomance is not a big concern.

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Hi @CNENFRNL , 

Can you help me ?

Paste well-prepared mock-up data first.

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

Hi @CNENFRNL , 

I fix this pibx link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v5l0TgW5xPf0o5IqxBqPHSJ59jM-fP-8/view?usp=share_link 

Sorry for inconvenience. Thank you 

CNENFRNL_0-1677211261525.png

Hi @CNENFRNL , 

I want to Sum value from table 2 into table 1 and don't show the row Unspecified . 

Example :

sakuragihana_0-1677212326940.png

Hi @CNENFRNL , 

I don't know how to use TREATAS , can you see the pibx I attached and help me 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak ,

I want to sum value from Table 2 that Campus Code is unspecified into Table 1 (respectively Province Name ) . I don't want to show Unspecified in the table 1

Table 1 like as : 

sakuragihana_0-1677050695792.png

Can you help me a dax ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.