Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How to stop matrix YYMM columns being filtered?

Hi all

I am trying to build a matrix table, which shows a count over the previous year. The columns in the matrix use a Dates table to populate the YearMonth values in the columns. However, when I filter/slice the rows, the columns with no values are being filtered out. Is there any way to keep the empty columns from being filtered out?

I have a relationship between the data table and the date table (on the date values), where the cross filter direction is set to one way

See below matrix before any of the rows are filtered:

No row filters applied - all columns presentNo row filters applied - all columns present

However, when I apply some filters to the rows, the columns with no values are filtered out too:

Filters applied - columns with no values filtered out tooFilters applied - columns with no values filtered out too

If anyone can help I would appreciate it

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Whoops just figured it out - there is a 'Show items with no data' option in the Visualisations pane!

No data.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Whoops just figured it out - there is a 'Show items with no data' option in the Visualisations pane!

No data.jpg

How to do that with measure?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.