Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Musky

How to show data per week per employee?

I want to make a dashboard that shows the work goal per week. I have an excel sheet with all the dates and hours worked per day per employee and want this to be visualized in Power BI. The following 2 sheets are the 2 tables I have as I mentioned:
Sheet with all the hours worked per day (with dates etc, goes back to 2010)Sheet with all the hours worked per day (with dates etc, goes back to 2010)This is where I've set the goal for each employeeThis is where I've set the goal for each employee

I linked them in power BI desktop and tried some things out myself but couldn't find the solution. Is there anyone that could help me with this? I would really appreciate this!

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Musky,

First, you should use WEEKNUM function to get the week number based on date. Create a calculated column using the formula below.

weeknum = WEEKNUM(FactTable[Date])

Second, create an employee’s total work hour in each week. Create a measure using the following formula.

hours in one week=CALCULATE(SUM(FactTable[hour]),ALLEXCEPT(FactTable,FactTable[weeknum]))

Third, create a relationship between actual table and target table.

Finally, create a table, select Users_Id, “hours in one week” measure, Goal field as value level, you will get what you want.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks for replying v-huizhn-msft,

I've done the first step, but when entering the measure at step 2 I get the following error:
Error2PowerApps.png

Your code used "FactTable" three times, do I have to call my main table with everthing in there three times on those places?

Thanks in advance,

Musky~ 

Hi @Musky,

Sorry, I misplace the parenthesis in SUM function in formula, the right should be the following one.

hours in one week=CALCULATE(SUM(Hours[Aantal_Uren]),ALLEXCEPT(Hours,Hours[weeknum]))

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.