Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ojhassonu
Frequent Visitor

How to show current month created request, completed request and carry forwarded requests ?

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to show

I have data related to helpdesk requests, and user wanted to know how many requests created and completed in the month.

The main clash is here some requests which are created in a month and completed in another month or year. 

For example:

in January 2021, 

Total Requests created: 100

Total Requests Completed: 80

So the remaining 20 requests to carry forward to next months so in Feb 2021, 

Total Requests created=130

Total Requests completed=141

here out of 141 requests, 15 requests ( January)+126(Feb) and another 5(Jan)+4(Feb) =9 requests are moved to next month, untill requests completed.

We have two date fields in table, Created Date and Completed Date.

If user selected Year = 2021 and Month=Jan

Then data should be shown as below

ojhassonu_0-1647171341639.png

If user selected Month=Feb, then it should show data as below

ojhassonu_2-1647171493990.png

any lead would be really appreciated. 

Attached pbi sample file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-Zl-exvwT3o4loPB7mmlaYT0yepdpoz/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Sonu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ojhassonu apologies for leaving out the counts of carried forward and completed the following month.  Wasn't quite obvious in your initial request.  Check the updated pbix.

littlemojopuppy_0-1647202677644.png

About "show data in the given format as above screenshot attached in the question"...I trust that you're fully capable of taking the measures I've written and arranging them how you need them.  I'm giving the courtesy of including the matrix to demonstrate that the math works.  Myself and others are happy to assist you with the help you need, but we are not here to do your work for you.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ojhassonu
Frequent Visitor

@littlemojopuppy Thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it. 🙂

littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ojhassonu what you want to do is calculate the total number of requests created since the beginning of time and then subtract the total number of requests completed.  All the measures are in the attached pbix.  Hope this helps!

littlemojopuppy_0-1647177667579.png

@littlemojopuppy 
Thanks for the reply, my requirement is monthwise created requests and completed.  There are few requests which created in a month and completed in another month/ year. 

So I would like to show data in the given format as above screenshot attached in the question.

Regards,

Sonu

@ojhassonu apologies for leaving out the counts of carried forward and completed the following month.  Wasn't quite obvious in your initial request.  Check the updated pbix.

littlemojopuppy_0-1647202677644.png

About "show data in the given format as above screenshot attached in the question"...I trust that you're fully capable of taking the measures I've written and arranging them how you need them.  I'm giving the courtesy of including the matrix to demonstrate that the math works.  Myself and others are happy to assist you with the help you need, but we are not here to do your work for you.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.