Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

devanshi_ag
Regular Visitor

How to show change in a bar chart?

Hi,
I want to show change in % from one bar to another through connected lines. 
I tried simple line and clustered column chart but it is looking cluttered because of my data. I found this custom visual in power bi which suits to my needs but unfortunately this is not free.

devanshi_ag_0-1718084129502.png

Can someone suggest a workaround to show change like this? or any alternative way to show change(%) along with bars in power bi?

3 REPLIES 3
devanshi_ag
Regular Visitor

@PIYUSHPRAJAPATI 
I have tried this solution by showing change in data labels but I have very little space for bar chart due to which labels for all bars are not visible properly and not even readable at first glance. Hence I wanted to add line for the change or any other visual which shows both bar and line for change. Please let me know if you have other workaround for this

Thanks,
Devanshi

You can increase the space between the bars.... If it's work for you otherwise line chart would be option for you ........

PIYUSHPRAJAPATI
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think there is no any why to connected lines with the bar as you mentioned in the post without any custom visual but there is simple solution is workaround I think you had tried but, not then just click on the below link that mentioned simple solution show the changes in the bar....
Solution File Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ey-l8aOmXVXCmlAHV29MucLpiTmsvtra/view

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors