Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to show blank when nothing is selected

Hi everyone, 

Milou190_0-1660652560063.png

I am currently working on modifying a project management software within my company. This is the page I need to edit. The project site is indicated at the top right, in the middle is the title of the project, the year and then various indicators show the progress of the project, the name of the project manager... At the top left, is a funnel that allows you to make a selection of these indicators (for example, search for the site of a factory, the name of a project, etc.). This filter is a button whose type is a bookmark, and which redirects to the filters page.

Milou190_1-1660652894003.png

This is my filters page. 

What I was asked to do : when a user lands on the first page, nothing should be displayed. Only 'empty' or 'please select a project'. Indeed, when the user arrives on the page currently, we find the first project in alphabetical order 'Garage 4.0 - Abidjan'. I would also like all other filters to be empty as long as no one has selected a filter.

I tried everything on the forums. For the most part, I created a new measure:

IsTitleFiltered = CALCULATE ( IF ( ISFILTERED ( Table[Column] ), 1, 0 ), ALLSELECTED ( Table ) )

IsTitleFiltered = CALCULATE ( IF ( ISFILTERED ( Table[Column] ), SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Column1] ), "" ))

IsTitleFiltered = IF ( ISFILTERED(Table[Column]), BLANK(), 50 )

(...)

But when I try to apply these measures to my Site for example, I have this:

Milou190_2-1660653450236.png

It's impossible for me to change 'is less than' to 'is' because the menu doesn't expand. So I can't apply the filter

Is it related to my filter being a bookmark? Is there something I'm doing wrong? What did I forget to do?

To recap:

- I have a main page where I want my titles to show 'select a project' or nothing at all

- my filter is a bookmark and there are many filters that can be applied on my page

- big problem: I can't modify in filter 'eest less than' so that my measurement can work

So if anyone can help me that would be great! Thanks, 

Emilie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I think you want your visual to show empty when there is no selection in your slicer. Please maker sure whether the column in slicer is from related table / same table with the columns in other visuals. If they come from related tables, your visual will be filter be row context. I think you are trying to filter your tables by measure. I suggest you to create unrelated dimtables for slicer.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think the second one should have worked , or may be like this. check for true

CALCULATE ( ISFILTERED ( Table[Column] ), ALLSELECTED ( Table ) )

or check for 1

int(CALCULATE ( ISFILTERED ( Table[Column] ), ALLSELECTED ( Table ) ))

Anonymous
Not applicable

So yes this filter works well:

CALCULATE ( IS FILTERED ( Table[Column] ), ALL SELECTED ( Table ) )

When I test it separately I actually get False when nothing is selected and True when I search for a title. But when I try to link it with Title, nothing works anymore. What is the method please?

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I think you want your visual to show empty when there is no selection in your slicer. Please maker sure whether the column in slicer is from related table / same table with the columns in other visuals. If they come from related tables, your visual will be filter be row context. I think you are trying to filter your tables by measure. I suggest you to create unrelated dimtables for slicer.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.