Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndrewHam
Helper I
Helper I

How to retain daily calculated value ?

hi Superusers,

i would like to calculate the number of parts in a table daily and retain the value that ties to the date automatically without human intervention. Today, I do it manually by refreshing the tables, and manually input the calculated value in a table.

Is there a way to remove this redundancy and let power BI does it automatically ?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AndrewHam , You can schedule a refresh on the power bi service, but why daily you need to input the calculated table is not clear

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/configure-scheduled-refresh

hi 

i can perform a schedule refresh daily but it does not solve my problem because I will still have to check the calculated part count and input into a separate table for KPI tracking.

Example, in a warehouse where we stock materials, I'm measuring the number of parts that have zero stock daily. Currently, i have to refresh the table daily which I have a measure to calculate the number of parts with zero on-hand. Wonder, whether there is a way to do it automatically . (In Excel, I would have written a VBA to calculate and save the value). Any advice is appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.