Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pkoel-asb
Helper V
Helper V

How to reset slicers on multiple sheets/tabs

Hello,

I want to create a master reset button that will reset all of the slicers in my report. I have multiple report pages and each page has two slicers. I created a bookmark called Home/Reset and I can reset the slicers on the first page, but I do not know how to include the slicers on the other pages. What ideas do you have?

Cheers,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
patBear
Helper I
Helper I

@pkoel-asb What if you have all of the slicers on your first page, just hide the ones you don't want to actually show on that page.  If you sync these first-page sliders with the other pages, then resetting them on the first page would reset them on the other pages too.  I haven't actually tried this, but it seems like it would work.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
patBear
Helper I
Helper I

@pkoel-asb Did you ever get this figured out?  I've been fiddling with bookmarks, and it seems you can create a bookmark, right click on it, and turn off "Current page" if you want slicers on other pages to be impacted by the bookmark settings.  Of course, you can then create a button whose action is this bookmark.

pkoel-asb
Helper V
Helper V

Is there any other way than having invisible synched slicers?

I don't know of any because bookmarks seem specific to a single page.

pkoel-asb
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks for the reply. I would need to have about 16 invisible slicers on my first page. Is there some other way, perhaps a way to select the slicers on the different pages?

Cheers!

patBear
Helper I
Helper I

@pkoel-asb What if you have all of the slicers on your first page, just hide the ones you don't want to actually show on that page.  If you sync these first-page sliders with the other pages, then resetting them on the first page would reset them on the other pages too.  I haven't actually tried this, but it seems like it would work.  Good luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.