Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michele78256

How to replicate Excel formula in Power BI with multiple IF/AND criteria

I am trying to replicate this Excel formula in Power BI and am having trouble. The end result needs to be a whole number, which ultimately is the difference between two dates:

=IF(AND(U2<>"", CL2<>"", C2="Retail"), (CL2-U2)-BZ2, IF(AND(V2<>"", CL2<>"", C2="Correspondent"), W2-V2, ""))

All the fields referenced are date fields, except C is text. Might be important to note that CL is a custom calc date field.

Part of the problem I am having is Power BI limits IF statements to two conditions, and also does not seem to like comparing dates to text:

Michele78256_0-1684792552526.jpeg

I also tried this with just the first part of the IF statement and it didn't like this, either:

Michele78256_1-1684792655637.jpeg

Looking for guidance on how to proceed. I'm stuck. Thank you in advance for any advice you have!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Michele78256 , try like, use column names in power bi

=IF(([U]<>"" && [CL]<>""&& [C]="Retail"), ([CL]-[U])-[BZ], IF(([V]<>"" && [CL]<>""&& [C]="Correspondent"), [W]-[V], ""))

if the values are blan, not "", then you can check isblank([Column name])

or

not(isblank([column Name]) )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Michele78256 , try like, use column names in power bi

=IF(([U]<>"" && [CL]<>""&& [C]="Retail"), ([CL]-[U])-[BZ], IF(([V]<>"" && [CL]<>""&& [C]="Correspondent"), [W]-[V], ""))

if the values are blan, not "", then you can check isblank([Column name])

or

not(isblank([column Name]) )

Thank you for your time and input! I did have to make some modifications to what you suggested, but you definitely put me on th right track with using && for AND and NOT(ISBLANK) instead of "". Here is what worked:
App2FundDaysCalc = IF(NOT(ISBLANK('LBI Mortgage Export'[Application]))&&NOT(ISBLANK('LBI Mortgage Export'[Funding Date]))&&'LBI Mortgage Export'[Channel]="Retail",('LBI Mortgage Export'[Funding Date]-'LBI Mortgage Export'[Application]-'LBI Mortgage Export'[Total_Hold_Days]),IF(NOT(ISBLANK('LBI Mortgage Export'[App_Sent_to_Processing]))&&NOT(ISBLANK('LBI Mortgage Export'[Funding Date]))&&'LBI Mortgage Export'[Channel]="Correspondent",('LBI Mortgage Export'[Approved]-'LBI Mortgage Export'[App_Sent_to_Processing]),0))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.