Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GD61
Helper III
Helper III

How to remove the "Total" row

Hi,

How to remove the "Total" row at the bottom of the Table report:

Thanks

Total row.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

If you click on the table visual to give it focus, then click the format paint brush you can find the option to turn totals on/off under the general area.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

totals.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason, Total is not coming up anywhere mentioned and keeps coming in the visuals. Version: 2.88.1144.0 64-bit (December 2020). Not sure it's a bug or something I am missing here. 

Seaman
Regular Visitor

In the 2018 version, select the Matrix, go to the Paintbrush, look for the "Subtotals" section.  You will find toggle switches for both rows and columns.

Regards,

sriharsha36
Frequent Visitor

Go into the Fields Icon , which is on the Right End ( which is more of a Rectangle inside a Rectangle Shape). Right Click on the filed which you do not want the total for "Check"/ "Select" the "Dont Summarize" option. 

@sriharsha36I don't see the "Don't Summarize" option for my two calculated measures. Do I need to do that elsewhere?

if you need to remove the totals in a waterfall chart or if you need a different staring value in a power bi custum visual, take a look at the Power BI Ultimate Waterfall Chart, download it here:

http://dataviz.boutique/2017/03/22/powerbi-ultimate-waterfall-custom-visual/

BR

Klaus

M8.PNG

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

If you click on the table visual to give it focus, then click the format paint brush you can find the option to turn totals on/off under the general area.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi, Just go to format visual, find "Totals" and turn off values 🙂

Screenshot 2022-06-07 162538.png

**This answer is now out of date**

To remove the 'Totals' row from a table in Version: 2.76.5678.782 (December 2019) of Power BI, do the following:

1. Select the table you want to remove the totals row on
  2. In the 'Visualizations' pane, click the 'Format' button (looks like a paint roller)
  3. Go down and find 'Subtotals'
  4. Under 'Row subtotals', switch to off

Done! 😁

totals.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

What "UX Expert" within Microsoft made this not work anymore? Now if I have a table even with the totals turned off, I have totals. Do you guys ever test stuff, before you release it?

See screenshot:

inservo_0-1683724785563.pnginservo_1-1683724831233.png

Thanks a lot !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.