Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Osky
Frequent Visitor

How to relate a table of objectives for commercials and product families to a sales fac table

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could give me a hand or another approach to my problem statement.

I have a sales table that has a standard look like this one:

Osky_4-1678810134305.png

I want to set an objective table for the family of products that every comercial sells each trimester.

Here is an example of how my table looks like.

Osky_6-1678810317575.png

At the end I'd like to return a matrix that summarizes all the sales done for each comercial, and family product, and compare them with the objectives assigned and the sales he made in the same period last year.

Something like this:

Osky_3-1678810063462.png

My first approach was to relate them by a calendar table and use year-trim as a principal relationship, although it was a many to many relationship seemed to work, but I found out I cant separate sells by a product's family nor commercial.

For the measures, I think I can solve them alone, yet I can't establish the correct relationship between all dimensions.

I think that a simpler approach should be done, yet I can't figure it out.

Any help is welcome, many thanks for the attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Osky,

In fact, you not need to mapping with too many fields, they will affect the records aggrations.

In my opinon, I'd like to suggest you reduce the concatenated relationship key fields, you can use the year quarter and category fields as relationship key to mapping table.

For the detail level records , you can add more detailed category fields to the visual and these records will auto aggregate by current relationships key mappings.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Osky,

In fact, you not need to mapping with too many fields, they will affect the records aggrations.

In my opinon, I'd like to suggest you reduce the concatenated relationship key fields, you can use the year quarter and category fields as relationship key to mapping table.

For the detail level records , you can add more detailed category fields to the visual and these records will auto aggregate by current relationships key mappings.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.