Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Meraj
Frequent Visitor

How to re-arrange column in Power BI table visual

I have created a simple report in table visual in Power BI Desktop to see the RAG status, which is coming from one single Excel column.

By default, Power BI takes an AGR sequence, and I wanted to make it a RAG status sequence. Please refer to the attached report (as hilighted in yellow) and let me know how I can rearrange the column in the RAG status sequence.

Meraj_0-1717075390115.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! Create a sorting column and then you can sort one column by another. In this case, RAG are text so will sort alphabetically. If you create a numeric field with R being 1, A being 2 and G being 3 you can have the text column with R, A, G sort by the numeric column. Sort one column by another column in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! Create a sorting column and then you can sort one column by another. In this case, RAG are text so will sort alphabetically. If you create a numeric field with R being 1, A being 2 and G being 3 you can have the text column with R, A, G sort by the numeric column. Sort one column by another column in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors