Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Hari
Frequent Visitor

How to publish Power BI desktop report to SharePoint 2013 on premise site

Hi,

we are using SharePoint 2013 on premise websites in my organization. 

Now we have a requirement to publish Power BI reports with SharePoint 2013 on premise site.

Can you please tell me what the feasible ways to do this.

Thanks in Advance

8 REPLIES 8
CathyPowerBI

Can we publish Power BI report to SharePoint 2013 on premise site as of today 2017-01-09? If so, could anyone please advise how?

There is no direct solution to publish directly to SharePoint 2013. The way I used is created a Dashboard and embeded the dashpage in sharepoint page.

CathyPowerBI

Can we publish Power BI report to SharePoint 2013 on premise site as of today 2017-01-09? If so, please advise how?

CathyPowerBI

Can I publish Power BI reports onto SharePoint 2013 as of today 2017-01-09?

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Hari

So you'd like to embed a Power BI report in your sharepoint site, right? Then it is quite off the topic of this column, you can go to Power BI Developer forum. Or you may consider the offcial commercial add-in Power BI Tiles for SharePoint.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe generally what people have been doing is using the File | Publish to Web feature in reports and then using the resulting URL in a Page Viewer web part. Insecure, but works.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi, 

Thanks for the response but publsih to web option not available in Power BI desktop.

I requirement is publish from PBI desktop to SharePoint on premise.

@Hari - I believe the roadmap for this type of functionality is that at some point you will be able to publish Power BI Reports from the desktop to SSRS 2016, which you could then put into SharePoint using a Page Viewer web part. This would allow you to keep it all on prem and have it presented out through SharePoint. I believe the reverse functionality is available currently, publish an SSRS report component to Power BI Service but I don't think the above functionality is quite there yet.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.