Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ercello
Frequent Visitor

How to prevent an existing filter from affecting another visual via interactions?

Hello,

I have a bar chart which shows 12 months' sales values and a pie chart which shows brand sales. The pie chart has a filter to always show the latest month's (Top 1 by month) values, unless another month is selected from the bar chart via interactions. The problem is when I click on a brand from the pie chart, the bar chart also starts to show only the latest months' sales because of the filter on the pie chart. What I want is the bar chart to keep showing all 12 months sales of the selected brand from the pie chart. Is there a way to make the Top N filter apply only to pie chart, and not apply to the bar chart when a month is selected?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, in the old ribbon, View | Edit Interactions

In the new ribbon, select a visual, Format | Edit Interactions.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I guess I was misunderstood. I want to keep the interaction between two visuals so that selecting the brand from the pie chart affects the bar chart, and I do not want the Top N by month filter behind the pie chart to affect the bar chart. 

You might have to use TOP N measure in pie visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.