Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to normalize months

Hi, 

I have a question which I would think has an easy answer. I have well production by month and I want to create a new column that normalizes month. For example, I want the first month of well production to be 1 instead of 9/30/2017 as in the example below. How can I do this? 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

It seems that you may use RANKX Function to add a calculated column.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add to this that the next value in the column is a new well, so the equation would need to reset and normalize the months, starting with month 1 for 2/28/15 on PROPNUM 153768

@Anonymous,

It seems that you may use RANKX Function to add a calculated column.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add to this that the next value in the column is a new well, so the equation would need to reset and normalize the months, starting with month 1 for 2/28/15 on PROPNUM 153768

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors