Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alicia_Anderson
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to normalize Min/Max measures by number of team members

I have a fact table which includes all details of a Team's velocity (points done per Sprint).   I created a matrix to aggregate the results by Program Increment/Iteration.   Sample of the matrix looks like this:    

Alicia_Anderson_0-1628529986024.png

Then I created a Min Measure to show the Min value per Team.

Alicia_Anderson_1-1628530112447.png

Note:  Not all values are shown in example above.  The measure works fine and displays what I initially wanted to see. 

Ex: Min for Apothecary is 8; min for Cluster is 23.

Problem:   I need to be able to normalize the results based on Team size.    I have a separate table that shows team size (just 2 columns: Team & Size).

Alicia_Anderson_4-1628530521593.png

I tried to create a measure to Divide "Min Effort by Iteration" by Team Size but it wants an aggregate.    How can I do that?

I tried this but it is not dividing by the individual team size; it is summing all obviously.   Just not sure how to get it to do what I want. 

Min Size = DIVIDE([Min Effort per Iteration], Sum('Team Size'[Size]))

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alicia_Anderson ,

Do you create a relationship between column Team in Team Velocity table and column Team in Team Size? This is the result I got using your formula, and it works.

image.png

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Alicia_Anderson
Resolver I
Resolver I

I had used the Team field from the Team Velocity table in the visualization.  When I replaced it with the Team field from the Team Size table, it calculated correctly.   I can't say I understand why it gives different results, but I am happy I am able to get the correct value to display.  Thank you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alicia_Anderson
Resolver I
Resolver I

I had used the Team field from the Team Velocity table in the visualization.  When I replaced it with the Team field from the Team Size table, it calculated correctly.   I can't say I understand why it gives different results, but I am happy I am able to get the correct value to display.  Thank you. 

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alicia_Anderson ,

Do you create a relationship between column Team in Team Velocity table and column Team in Team Size? This is the result I got using your formula, and it works.

image.png

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.