Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tvaishnav
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to make relation work like "left join" instead on "inner join"?

I am working on following data model.

tvaishnav_0-1644503801646.png

Fact table has very few values for contract column where as Projects have alot more. If I use a Contract column from Projects table and any facts from fact table, only jobs that exist in fact table show up in visual. Rest all disappear. I come from strong SQL backgroup and in my mind this behavior is similar to "inner join". How to change this so that I see all the jobs from projects table and if facts are not available, they are replaced with 0. 

I have modeled this relationship as many to one but that could be one to one as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@tvaishnav 

You are close on the inner join idea but it is really just a "filter to only show me rows where my measure returns a value".

It's more like a HAVING SUM ( Value ) <> NULL

You can modify your meausre by adding +0 to the end or you can set your visual to show items with no data on the Contract.

2022-02-10_7-49-43.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@tvaishnav 

You are close on the inner join idea but it is really just a "filter to only show me rows where my measure returns a value".

It's more like a HAVING SUM ( Value ) <> NULL

You can modify your meausre by adding +0 to the end or you can set your visual to show items with no data on the Contract.

2022-02-10_7-49-43.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.