Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make moving windows for data selection at the start of the page?

Hi all, 

I am new to PowerBI.

I am trying to load only last 18-months of data into the PowerBI then , want to apply calculations for all the pages with 3-mains window button selection.

Till now , I was able to only load multiple csv files into the powerBI.

step1 : Unable to load only last 18-months of data into powerBI( one file for each month)

step2: Unable to create Moving windows at very start of the page. Upon selection of this any button(45-days ,90-days, 180-days) , I need to automatically go to next page, where all calcuation should be depend on that selection.

Instead I go only this slicer, which is working on that particluar page only.  

Screenshot :

skondi_0-1595427802539.png

I am trying to get 3-moving windows(Slicers) for data selection at the very start of the first page.

like : 

skondi_1-1595428066716.png

I am unable to attach my zip file here . Can someone help give me hints or solution for this tasks.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, it is impossible to filter the data source by the slicer visual. As a workaround, you may enter into Query Editor, create a parameter "SwitchFolderLocation" which contains the three paths of CSV files , then copy and paste the name "SwitchFolderLocation"  into the Source step code in Advanced Editor. See more details: Parameterize your data source!. Then you may change the location in parameter to switch data source.

parameter chnage data source location.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, it is impossible to filter the data source by the slicer visual. As a workaround, you may enter into Query Editor, create a parameter "SwitchFolderLocation" which contains the three paths of CSV files , then copy and paste the name "SwitchFolderLocation"  into the Source step code in Advanced Editor. See more details: Parameterize your data source!. Then you may change the location in parameter to switch data source.

parameter chnage data source location.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.