Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yonko
Helper I
Helper I

How to make a timeline-circle chart?

Hi there. I need to make a timeline-based chart with circles and didn't manage to find a solution.

There are 3 categories and each one has a score from 1 to 10 which should be displayed as a circle, and the bigger the score, the bigger the circle should be. Also there are days when they was measured. I need to show all these categories together at the time interval and didn't manage to find a solution. At first i though about using Scatter Plot, but it supports only 1 category and i need 3. Then i tried to use linear chart - it works fine, but there isn't an option to increase the size of a dot. Also searched for custom visuals but found nothing.

There is a video of what i need to implement in Tableau - it's exactly what i need, but don't know how to do it.

Test data:

Yonko_0-1675320062336.png

How it shold be:

Yonko_1-1675320212170.png

Will be glad if someone will help, good day anyway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Yonko
Helper I
Helper I

My decision was the next one: I changed my data table to the next format and then pasted it into the Scatter plot (Days to X, ValueKey to Y and Score to values). Although I need Value column in Y axis it doesn't work with categorical values, so instead I used created numerical ValueKey column, hid the humbers and passed the table visual with names left to it - not the prefect solution but it works.

Yonko_0-1675973343525.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Yonko
Helper I
Helper I

My decision was the next one: I changed my data table to the next format and then pasted it into the Scatter plot (Days to X, ValueKey to Y and Score to values). Although I need Value column in Y axis it doesn't work with categorical values, so instead I used created numerical ValueKey column, hid the humbers and passed the table visual with names left to it - not the prefect solution but it works.

Yonko_0-1675973343525.png

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Yonko ,

Check if the scatter chart would match your case,
refer to this link https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-scatter?tabs=powerbi-deskt...

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.