Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Alisea_MI
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to make a slicer not to sync?

Hi!

I have a report with some drill-through pages and a slicer called Period that my user wants to be able to use on any page independently what has been selected on the first page in this slicer. 

This can be achieved by turning off the function "Keep all filters on". In this case I get the wrong drill-through data.

However, if I have "Keep all filters on" (which gives the correct drill-through data), this period slicer only shows what has been selected on the first page, and my user want absolutely to able to select anything else.

I have tested to turn the sync filed changes to other slicers off in the advanced setting on both the first page and the last page. However, it hasn't worked - I still only see the selection made on the first page.

Any ideas of how-to un-sync this slicer and make it show all the selection choices?

Below are the print screens of my first and my last pages where the Period slicer and the slicers settings are visible.

Thank you so much in advance!

7.jpg8.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alisea_MI ,

To what I can understand your issue is on the drill-trough page correct?

In this case your problem is not related with the slicer and the sinc of the slicers in other pages, when you do a drill-torugh the filter on the page are based on the selection on the previous page so if you want to change that you need to go to the drill-trough filters and clear the selection then you can make the selection on the slicer to work:

MFelix_1-1635434932303.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Hi @Alisea_MI ,

One option you can do on the drill page, is to set a bookmark with no selection active on the drill trough then add a button that actions that bookmark that way the clear of the filters would be "automatic" and you just need to educate your audience to click that button.

Regards

Miguel Félix

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Alisea_MI
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi, @MFelix ! Yes,  it would have been great if you could set up some little example, if you have a possibility of course.

Best regards, Alisea

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alisea_MI ,

To what I can understand your issue is on the drill-trough page correct?

In this case your problem is not related with the slicer and the sinc of the slicers in other pages, when you do a drill-torugh the filter on the page are based on the selection on the previous page so if you want to change that you need to go to the drill-trough filters and clear the selection then you can make the selection on the slicer to work:

MFelix_1-1635434932303.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

HI, @MFelix ! It's a great workaround, which works well. Thank you so much! Now we need to educate the users to do it in the right way. 

Hi @Alisea_MI ,

One option you can do on the drill page, is to set a bookmark with no selection active on the drill trough then add a button that actions that bookmark that way the clear of the filters would be "automatic" and you just need to educate your audience to click that button.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi, @MFelix !

I am trying to implement this bookmark solution, but it's not working properly. Maybe you cold give me a good piece of advice here.

I have several drill-through fields: Chain Store, Sales Person, Sales Region, Store Name Address, Period and Product Sub Category.

It is Period and Product Sub Category that I need to reset/ clear in order to give the users the freedom to select someting else in the slicer.

For the rest of the drill-through fields (Chain Store, Sales Person, Sales Region, Store Name Address) I want to keep the filters made during the drill-through.

When I reset the Period and the Product Subcategory filter under the drill-through,  leave the rest of the fields filtered as they are, data is cheked, all visuals are checked.  I then make new drill-through (for another store), and use this bookmark to reset the Period and Sub-categort filter, I get the Period and ProdctSubcategory with reset, however the rest of the filters are the same as they were, when I created the bookmark, e.g. I get the old store name. (see pic 1).
1.jpg

When I first select the two slicers, which I want to reset and then reset the drillt-through filter and create a bookmark with selected visuals checked (picture 2). I get some one more selection possibilities on the slicer (not all), however, they show the wrong data in the visuals.

2.jpg

When I create a bookmark, upplied to all visuals with the data unchecked (picture 3), it doesnt reset anything.
3.jpg

Do you have any tips for how to only reset Period and Subcategory filters, so that we can make other selections in the slicer, but keep other filters set via drill-through?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @Alisea_MI ,

In this case you cannot make an individual setup of the filters of the drill trough, if this were visualization you could apply the bookmark just to the selected visual since this is a generic option on the page you cannot do it, what can be done using bookmarks is to duplicate that page without  the drill trough filters, make a sync of the slicers that you want to keep and set the period and subcategory to be without the selection then using the bookmark only affect the period and the subcategory to be reset and send you to the other page. then people would be abble to change page witouht noticing.

Do you want me to setup a similar example to send to you?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors